So, while we were out to eat tonight the girls needed to use the restroom... While they were gone I ate a couple pieces of chicken from Fatima's plate and it was YUMMY! When she came back she asked where the chicken had gone and I told her "the Boogie Man ate it." I've teased the girls about the Boogie Man before, but never really pushed the issue. They just figured it was some mystery person who they'd never see because the Boogie Man always leaves before they get back. Tonight Fatima asked about the Boogie Man so I in turn asked her if she wanted to know where the Boogie Man lived. She said yes, so I asked Maria if she wanted to know where the Boogie Man lived but she said no. I had Maria cover her ears so she couldn't hear and then I looked at Fatima. I got close to her because she was sitting next to me for dinner, and said in a kind of quiet voice, "the boogie man lives under your bed." I couldn't tell right away if she was joking or not, because sometimes it's THAT HARD to tell, but her bottom lip dropped, started to quiver, and this was - as they say - the REST of the story...
The tears were real, and she had an emotional moment, or ten, and then it was back to business as usual. She even told me the Boogie Man was underneath my chair and was going to "get me". He tried a couple of times, but it tickled more than anything!!!
What's been going on..
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment